Children are attracted to the sparkling blue waters of your swimming pool. The loss of a young life is a terrible tragedy, especially if this could have been prevented. Our research shows:
• Drowning can be silent, a cry for help or the splash may not be heard.
• More often than not drowning occurs in residential pools, at home or while visiting a friend or relative.
• For every drowning there are four others hospitalised for near-drowning, as many as three of these suffer permanent brain damage.
• Most children are found in the pool fully clothed.
• Statistics reveal that almost all pre-school drownings have a lack of supervision as a common factor. The timeit takes for babies to get into trouble is remarkably short, a matter of seconds. By answering a phone, fetching a drink or a towel, a life may be lost and change your life forever.
• Water features, well and ponds are attractive. Yet unfortunately these are often overlooked as hazards, statistics reveal that in Portugal during 2006 more children drowned in wells and ponds than in swimming pools. (Source APSI)
• Prevention is the key, with an Aquashield pool net properly and securely in place you can rest assured.